commons-dev mailing list archives

From "B. Gorkem ERCAN" <gorkem_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject logging configuration
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 23:08:10 GMT
Hi,
    A few days ago I have posted a proposal to include a configuration mechanism but that
was accidentally on the wrong (struts)list. Since then I have started working on that and
come to some point. What I have on hand is a LoggingManager class that manages the configuration
of the all logging in the VM that logs via commons-logging. What I wish to have at the end
is a LoggingManager architecture similiar to the SecurityManager that manages the some of
the logging properties so that the administrator of the server can manage all the logging
info of the different applications from a single point.

I know Craig prefers not to have a more complicated logging API.  What are the other opinions
do you think it is worth to include such a structure in the common-logging?

B. Gorkem ERCAN