commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Juozas Baliuka" <bali...@mwm.lt>
Subject Re: [simplestore] methods in Store interface
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:58:11 GMT

> Hi Juozas,
> why did you removed the methods
>   containsKey,
>   isEmpty
>   size
>   clear
>
> Ok maybe they are not meaningful anymore but then they
> shouldn't be implemented in the SoftRefMemoryStore!
Yes we will remove this from SoftRefMemoryStore, we dont need method remove,
it not meaningful, it removes only maping , but we don't need to remove
maping if object is reacheble and Store will remove maping itself then
object is unreacheble.

at last we have Store interface (minimalistic Cache):

public interface Store {

 Object get(Object key);// null value means no maping;(the same as
"contains")
 void put(Object key,Object  object);
//Object can be null , we can remove mapping if value is null.

}