commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Juozas Baliuka" <bali...@mwm.lt>
Subject Re: [simplestore] it's really kool
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:44:15 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerhard Froehlich" <g-froehlich@gmx.de>
To: "Jakarta Commons Developers List" <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2002 12:13 PM
Subject: RE: [simplestore] it's really kool

> Juozas,
>
> >From: Juozas Baliuka [mailto:baliuka@mwm.lt]
> >
> ><skip>
> >Hi,
> >TODO for simplestore :
> >1. Code cleanup
> >(Remove some unused code, ideas are good, but they are for the next
project,
> >I wil try to write proposal later )
> >Remove : Reacheble and Swap interfaces, cleanup package,JISP, MRUMap.
>
> Already done yesterday. Check out the latest version. I also fixed the
license
> header and did a little bit code formating with JEdit.
>
> >TODO for sample :
> >1. Add IODGenerator interfaceand default impl.
>
> IOD, what's this?

OID :) interface to generate object ID, implementation can be
"Random,Autoincrement,..."

> >2. Add Maping interfce and default impl "MetaClass".
I will implement this. Default will be "By method name", we will add XML
descriptors as optional.

> >3. Add Relations.
 The same as 2. Validators, to abort transaction and report error if some
value is invalid,
it is also Class metadata.

> >4. Remove method "convret" from Proxy, Add converter interface and
default
> >impl.
Separate "convert" and "object state" ,"MedaObject" is not very good name it
is
 "Pesistent Object State" <=> "StateManager in JDO"
> >5. Add PersitenceManager and PersitenceManagerFactory interfaces and
default
> >impl.
 This is trivial

> >6. Implement roolback method for memory store in TransactionImpl.
 not tested, but trivial."clone/copy".

> >7. Add Transaction synchronization (Listeners)   methods and "Transaction
> >state" constants to Transaction interface.
 No implementation, interface definitions only like JTA

> >8. Make Proxy more abstract, to add interceptors for security and
> >distributed objects.
 trivial, add parameter "List of interceptors", interceptor implements
"InvocationHandler"

> >9. Finders (I have no good ideas abaut finders at this time),but no QL.
????? some procedure name at this time.
> >10. Add suport for "Class instances" (Byte code generation and "*.class"
> >transformations)
I think it is optionl.
11. Some limited implementation for JDO interfaces, this sample is very
close to JDO
> >BTW I am afraid it is too mutch for "sample".
>
> Ok much stuff...could we split this a little bit, like first this, second
that?
> 1. cleanup code
> This is 98% done so far.
> 2. move this stuff maybe in a seperate package, like
> org.apache.commons.simplestore.cache
> org.apache.commons.simplestore.persistence
> org.apache.commons.simplestore.persistence.jdbc
> org.apache.commons.simplestore.persistence. ...
>
> This implies, that org.apache.commons.simplestore.persistence is very
> generic and the sub-packages are more specific impl for that.
>
> 3. starting with your points.
> maybe first with #5, #4, #2 and #8

Ok.