commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Morgan Delagrange" <mdela...@yahoo.com>
Subject Collections 2.0? (Collections 1.1 RIP)
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
It looks like the next Collections release may have to be a Major Release after all.  Last
night, I realized that if SequencedHashMap no longer extends from HashMap, then you will not
be able to cast the new LRUMap to that class.  So our options seem to be:

 1. Keep HashMap as the superclass of SequencedHashMap

 2. Do not implement LRUMap as a subclass of SequencedHashMap

 3. Bite the bullet on a 2.0 release

My preference would be option #3.  Of course, if 1 or 2 occur then a 1.1 release is still
a possibility.

- Morgan