commons-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Tencé <vte...@sympatico.ca>
Subject HttpClient and Logging
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2002 20:59:05 GMT
Hi everybody,

We are starting using the HttpClient library in our current project and we
have some questions concerning logging.
We have seen that there has been a lot of discussion in the commons mailing
list on this apparently hot subject :-)

Regardless of the logging API you decide to use, do you think it would be
reasonable to add a kind of
setLogger(Log log) function to the HttpClient classes so that client
applications can provide the HttpClient
an implementation of a logger rather than let it instanciate its own ?

This would be great for applications already using logging since we dont
want to have 2 different log
configuration mechanisms for one application. Client apps could then easily
integrate their logs with the one
produced by HttpClient.

Thx,
Vincent