commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Juozas Baliuka" <bali...@centras.lt>
Subject Re: integrate security frameworks
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:57:29 GMT
Hi,
<skip>
> I've been expecting this conversation to find its way to
> commons sooner or later.  I actually thought it might be
> me to start it.  I think there is some simultaneous
> security wheel invention happening (maybe re-invention).
> Might be a good thing.  I know at least Turbine and Avalon
> have been discussing JAAS independently.
Ok, it is very good. I think we don't need discuss a lot,
I think we must start project for LoginModule and Policy
implementations, we can implement it in simplestore, but
it is not very meaningful to have Policy implementation in this project,
it because Policy is singleton. We need common Policy implementation and
it must be possible to add plugins for it on runtime, to load permissions
from DB, XML ....
or grant some at runtime.
I think it must be very clear,  we need proposal and VOTE to start this
project.