commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Smith" <iammich...@iammichael.org>
Subject RE: Silly Question
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:50:24 GMT
On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Scott Sanders wrote:
> But doesn't SequencedHashMap use the collections API?  What if, for some
> extremely crazy reason, you can't (JDK 1.0)?  Hashtable != HashMap,
> people.

The collections component specifies that its objects conform to the Java2
collections API:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/collections.html

In any case, take a look at the SequencedHashtable implementation in the
utils sandbox.  While it extends "Hashtable" rather than "HashMap", that
doesn't make it JDK <=1.1 compatible.  Just looking at the imports
demonstrates the SequencedHashtable is not <=1.1 compatible:

  import java.util.LinkedList;
  import java.util.List;
  import java.util.Map;
  import java.util.Set;