commons-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 21:23:13 GMT
I'm going to vote +1.

I was among those who voted -1 the first time this commons logging was
proposed, and my reason was that I hoped log4j would be used instead.
It is a top level project, and that's what it is supposed to do - logging.

It seems I was wrong. This is not about code, but community, and from some
reasons log4j was never accepted by a lot of people as the right solution
for the logging API.

I would like to ask for about a week before freezing - I want to read the
code first, and I suppose other people would want to do the same. This
will be an important API, and it needs a lot more review than most other
common components.

Costin