commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <>
Subject Re: Commons Validator Packaging/Content
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 01:04:13 GMT
Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
>>> I don't see why the basis isn't Intake. Why not work to move Intake to
>>> commons and then work towards a framework independent implementation in
>>> Commons?
>> Thanks for volunteering.
> No. I see it as David volunteering and the Jakarta project as management.
> However, we don't have any management...hence why I think that things are
> messed up.
> [snip]
> Ok, I -1 the inclusion of his code as the validation framework for the
> Commons project in favor of using Intake as the basis.

Sigh.  Last month, I was saddened by the following:

This month, I am saddened by someone using his -1 to block progress towards
contributing a reusable and independent code base to the commons.

You want to know how management decisions are made?  We have a person
volunteering to do the work based on the struts code base.  Unless there is
a better offer out there, I see a rather easy management decision to make.
And that is coming from someone who tends towards non-intervention.

- Sam Ruby

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message