commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: AltRMI Tasks if anyone want to take them
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:31:40 GMT
It is also true for the Common Logging Interface at the package
  org.apache.avalon.framework.logger

You just have to remove the AvalonFormatter and the obsolete
Loggable and AbstractLoggable. When forking I also prefer to
rename:
  AbstractLogEnabled to AbstractLoggable
and
  LogEnabled         to Loggable

But this is just my naming preference and is not necessary.

And with little more work than deleting some lines of code, a lot
more than Peter mentions can be reused. And forking from that is
much better than rewriting it anyway.

Some people seem to be allergic to forking, like if it is something
very impolite to do. But I sure prefer that someone forks my code
than if that someone just ignores it (especially if due credit is
given). I even hate when someone else's code is ignored!

What am I missing here?

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar