commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: Commons Validator Packaging/Content
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 17:49:02 GMT
> No. We simply have more developers than users. If we had more users who
> turned into developers, we might have more documentation.

Whatever is the cause of the documentation problem, this is the reason
why people are not aware of those components.

If Turbine and Avalon would have Velocity-like documentation quality...

I am just trying to put my finger on the issue. If the developers of such
components are aware of this, maybe they make an extra effort to create
better documentation since the start.

I mean, that is what I will try to do - being aware of this - when I
(finally) release one of my components since I want as many people as
possible to use it. And most other developers just want the same.

BTW, isn't most of Velocity documentation created by its developers?
=;o)

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar