commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: Commons/Avalon [was Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release]
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:10:15 GMT
> > (of course, the components from Avalon depend on the
> > framework, so if you use one, you have to use the framework).
>
> thats not true - at least not since I have been involved in it.
> Even prior to
> that there was components that weren't coupled but they were in
> the minority

Getting a component out of Avalon is usually a matter of removing
a couple of marker interfaces. Since they are markers, you could
also get them and have the stuff working without the framework
infrastructure.

Some components - like the logging wrapper - do not even implement
such marker interfaces. You just have to pick them.

Besides, some Avalon jars are quite small...

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar