commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: Codec Sandbox (was: To fork or not ...)
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:27:03 GMT
I agree that formatting should go into a text package. Formatting
and other text processing are very often needed when encoding is
not.

I have a load of text routines to contribute too, some collected
around apache projects, some I created. But most of this code is
already well organized in separated classes according to the its
functionality - so that someone that only needs very basic things
does not have to load the whole thing.

OTOH, there are synergies - when you search for encoding stuff
you end up finding (or having the need to use) text processing
stuff, so...

...what about adding another package to that list? It would be
starting with "codec", "io" and "text"!

What do you think?

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar