commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/logging/src/java/org/apache/commons/logging Jdk14Logger.java LogSource.java package.html
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 01:38:12 GMT
> Trying to build logging-package-specific knowledge like this into a "thin"
> wrapper layer seems like a slippery slope.

For simple file based logging configuration it is actually quite simple
to do that for the 3 logging APIs we have been talking about. Very light.

You can have a several modes:
 - Give me some already configured logger (minimal common logging code):
 - Find some logger already configured (just a bit more code);
 - Configure the logger you find to log to this file (just a bit more);

 - Primordial logger and silly simple logger would take more than the
   previous 2 bits.

You can find some "log to this file" configuration code in Velocity for
both Log4J and LogKit. You can find it at:
    CVS Repository:
        jakarta-velocity
    path:
        \src\java\org\apache\velocity\runtime\log

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar