commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: Commons Validator Packaging/Content
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 11:35:59 GMT
> Some provide rough sketches of web pages describing in 2 or 3 sentences
> what they do. Frankly: most of these are simply incomprehensible for me.

<flame-bait>
That sure is one of the reasons why people from projects like Turbine and
Avalon end up asking things like:
 - Why didn't you use mine??? I have one of those!!!

Their overview documentation does not help much and not everybody goes
browsing the Javadocs.
</flame-bait>

HOWEVER...
> Like possibly everyone else I don't have the time to perform in depth
> analysis of all the available stuff to understand what it is for. This
> is why I myself am guilty of going the easy road: roll my own.

However, this is silly!

It took me some 2 weeks full time or more to browse trough most of
Jakarta's + Cocoon code but I saved MUCH more time than that and ended
up learning a lot.

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar