commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: Commons/Avalon [was Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release]
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:17:03 GMT
I still think that this is not the main motivation for the
existence of the Commons.

It is NOT important which was the historical reason. What
is important is that the Commons and Avalon have different
orientations and both are useful.

Commons is more of a playground and more "loose components"
oriented.

Avalon is more framework-ish.

I like to use things from both and I like the idea of
having the loose bits of Avalon at the commons, if adequate
protective rules are in place.

By protective rules I mean: it is better to have a diversity
of components that do the same thing than having the
"spirit" of a package subverted.

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar