commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Froehlich" <g-froehl...@gmx.de>
Subject [proposal] some store components for the commons-sandbox
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 17:46:35 GMT
Hi,
Currently I'm working on the Cocoon store and caching. I
implemented some store components, that are maybe useful
to migrate as Jakarta commons-sandbox components.
They mainly exist of a:
1. Store -> The overall interface
2. MRUMemoryStore -> A simple MRU Memory Store class
3. JispFilesystemStore -> A jisp
(http://www.coyotegulch.com/jisp/index.html) based
Filesystem store!
4. Some helper classes (Key's, etc...)

We use this components in the Cocoon project as a fast
(memory) and slow (filesystem) storage implementation.
In the moment they are Avalon based components but I
think they could easy changed into something more
"common" ;-).

Ok, do you think this Components are a try worth to book
into the sandbox area or just a waste of time.

(Please give a clear NO if this useless or something
double or whatever!)

Thx for your time.

  Gerhard

PS: I'm committer in the Jakarta Avalon project and in
the Cocoon xml-apache project.

"Hedonist for hire... no job too easy!"