commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Froehlich" <g-froehl...@gmx.de>
Subject RE: [simplestore] enhancements (was: [simplestore] inital check in)
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2002 14:22:14 GMT
Hi,

>From: Juozas Baliuka [mailto:baliuka@mwm.lt]
>

>>+1 on changing the interface! The old one seems not to be very useful. Some
>>of the methods are not needed!
>>+1 For the Exceptions
>>
>>I hope I will find some time on the weekend to do this stuff. But you can
>>grap something if you want!
>>
>>a) implementing Testing classes
>>b) changing the interface
>
>Hi,
>I have a lot of time today, but I will do something else first.
>There are a lot of work then I have a time. :)

Me too. We had birthday party yesterday and we drunk about 2 bottles
of Absinth (devil's alcohol). So I'm a little blind today ;-).

>It is very good you agree on interface reduce and for Exceptions.
>It is not clear for me, how self registered  will be implemented. I think
>it can be interceptors,
>I have no more simple ideas for it.

Simple to use != simple too implement. We will see.

>I need it to know, performance tests will depend on this.
>Tests are the most difficult  part of this project, because Store interface
>implementation
>is trivial in the most cases, or it must be trivial . I see this project
>is for stable applications and performance.
>Next my suggestion will be to remove StoreJanitorImpl or move to some
>package like ...cleanup.* . May be it is useful for some stores but it is
>very specific. I used "Background Cleanup" for memory management long time
>ago, but I cant sent this code for you,
>it is because I completely removed it long time ago.

Agree, then I will move the StoreJanitor in a different package. Maybe we
can forget it totally.

I will change the interface today. But I think (as you) the most important
things are Test classes and benchmarks.

See ya

  Gerhard

"Confucius say too much.