commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Updating sub-project web pages (again)
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2002 13:07:15 GMT
hi dion

On Sunday, January 27, 2002, at 07:43 AM, dion wrote:

> I've created a directory in cvs for latka (jakarta-commons/latka/webpages)
>  with the output of the xsl transform.
>
> If someone with a jakarta.apache.org account would check these out on
> that box I'd be very grateful.

i'd be happy to do so but i've found a few wrinkles so i'd like to sort
them out first rather than risk making a mistake.

> Or alternatively, if someone would like to give me the appropriate access,
>  I'd be happy to do it myself.

(you probably know these two points already but just in case you don't...)

1. i believe (hopefully people will correct me if i'm wrong) that new
committers are no longer being given logon's to jakarta.apache.org. most
people who have been committers for a while still have their's but i
believe that the ASF would like to reduce the number of people with logons
to jakarta.apache.org. (which is one good reason to think about
automatically updating the web site.) if you do want to try to get a logon
then i think that general is the right place to ask.

2. you might find http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jakarta-site2b.html
useful in understanding the web page update system.

from looking at the directories it appears to me that latka's web pages
are not (in the standard place) in cvs but instead are copied into
position by hand.

i'm willing to copy your web pages into position but i won't be able test
them first. so if this is what you want me to do i'll probably need to
check with you exactly what's needed and which of the existing pages you
want to keep.

on the other hand, most other projects use the jakarta-commons/docs folder
for their web pages. they are committed into cvs and then the live web
site is updated from there. maybe latka would like to begin using this
system. if you want to go down that route, then i'd be happy to help with
that too.

the choice is yours...

- robert