commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject contributors list [WAS Re: ARMI mobilisation?]
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2002 22:01:24 GMT

On Saturday, January 5, 2002, at 11:39 AM, Paul Hammant wrote:

> Juozas,
>
>> <snip>
>>
>> I see no ARMI advantages.
>
> I am not stopping anyone useing RMI if they want to.  I note in the
> proposal it is no good for EJB.  It's other limitations are noted too.
> It does have advatages, just read the Proposal.
>
> I guess we (you and I) will never meet in the middle. I'll feel free to
> ignore your projects too, and look forward to your -1 when the time comes.

this last bit got me thinking - i don't really know who is a commons
committer. if i don't, then what chance will people have who haven't been
on this mailing list as long as me?

maybe the commons contributors page is more important than just an
optional 'howdy' page. maybe it needs to contain all committers so that
people can work out when a veto is a veto. the maintenance effort wouldn't
be too great if new committers were added to the list as soon as they are
voted in.

- robert