commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:06:40 GMT
On 1/29/02 6:42 PM, "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gaspar@krankikom.de> wrote:

> As far as I remember Ceki created a minimal Log4J because there were
> complains about the weight (size) of the full package.
>
> Probably someone remembers details about the circunstances better
> than me.

At the time, I was bugging him as I wanted to ensure that we could build a
small, inclusive, 'fire and forget' velocity jar.  Logkit allowed us to
build a complete jar that had default file logging, and I wanted the option
to switch to log4j for the same thing.

I am sure that our needs weren't the sole motivator, but as Ceki had a bit
of discussion on the topic, I am sure that entered his thinking somehow...

Geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                       geirm@optonline.net
System and Software Consulting