commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:47:17 GMT
On 1/30/02 7:21 AM, "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gaspar@krankikom.de> wrote:

> Hi Geir,
>

> Knowing both code bases I would say that Avalon is better in 1) but
> as nothing in 2).

To be clear, I wasn't advocating Velocity's logging infrastructure as a
replacement or model for anything.  It works very well for us, but our
requirements are simple.

Just noting that others in the Jakarta community have faced similar problems
and have solutions too.

> For my logging wrapper I am using Avalon stuff for the wrappers and
> Velocity stuff as a base for detection and configuration... and for
> the Primordial Logger, which no one is talking about but that I find
> a great idea.

Indeed :)  Maybe that will be in Commons Logging 1.1

:)