commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <>
Subject Re: [Vote] ARMI to move
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 05:04:40 GMT
On 1/8/02 2:16 AM, "Paul Hammant" <> wrote:

>> Geir :
>> Don't you need more active committers?

> Some could argue that.  Is that a -1 for you then? :-)

If you'd prefer, sure.

The point is that we in the midst of a large, active discussion in part
about how the community is being shaped by adding more and more projects to
jakarta, and how some strongly feel that it's a shame that we can't get
people to adhere to 'community conventions'.  (Which I personally feel can
be too loosely defined... But anyway...)

In this case, it's not even a guideline of commons, but one of the rules.  I
don't think we should be so flip about it.

The point of the sandbox is to build/introduce something and see if it as a
project can get momentum, build a community, get a clear picture if there is
enough interest behind something to bring to Commons with the expectation of
success towards a release, not just a 'dressing room...'

Geir Magnusson Jr.
System and Software Consulting
You're going to end up getting pissed at your software
anyway, so you might as well not pay for it. Try Open Source.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message