commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: [Vote] ARMI to move
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 05:04:40 GMT
On 1/8/02 2:16 AM, "Paul Hammant" <Paul_Hammant@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Geir :
>> Don't you need more active committers?

> Some could argue that.  Is that a -1 for you then? :-)

If you'd prefer, sure.

The point is that we in the midst of a large, active discussion in part
about how the community is being shaped by adding more and more projects to
jakarta, and how some strongly feel that it's a shame that we can't get
people to adhere to 'community conventions'.  (Which I personally feel can
be too loosely defined... But anyway...)

In this case, it's not even a guideline of commons, but one of the rules.  I
don't think we should be so flip about it.

The point of the sandbox is to build/introduce something and see if it as a
project can get momentum, build a community, get a clear picture if there is
enough interest behind something to bring to Commons with the expectation of
success towards a release, not just a 'dressing room...'

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                       geirm@optonline.net
System and Software Consulting