commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Scott Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: Commons Validator Packaging/Content
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 17:13:55 GMT
on 1/7/02 9:06 AM, "Tom Klaasen (TeleRelay)" <tom.klaasen@telerelay.com>
wrote:

> You were talking about "jakarta", weren't you?

Not in that specific case.

> ... just to see that they got the details wrong, and discard their
> effort as "useless". That's what happened to me, anyway. Documentation
> has to be written by developers, not by users.

That is where I feel you are 100% wrong. Documentation should be written by
users or (tech writers) and proofed by developers. That is how we did the
Velocity documentation and it came out as some of the best documentation of
any Jakarta project.

Developers are to close to their stuff to document it in such a way as to be
useful to users.

> Anyway, voting "-1" on something to say "you have to take mine, not
> yours" is euhm... not constructive for dialog and cooperation IMHO.

I voted that way not because of what you say, but in the overall interests
of the Jakarta project. I'm sorry that you were not able to see the forest
through the trees.

-jon