commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@zenplex.com>
Subject Re: Torque learning curve WAS: RE: Jakarta Persistence Framework?
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 20:01:45 GMT
On 1/2/02 2:43 PM, "Ted Husted" <husted@apache.org> wrote:

> Perhaps you might consider starting a top-level Torque sub-project
> sooner than later, in the hope of attracting volunteers from outside the
> Turbine community, who could help broaden the package.

It's definitely part of the overall plan, the decoupling has of course taken
longer than I expected but I do feel it requires some work before even
trying to promote it to top-level subproject. We are actually trying to get
a comprehensive testbed in place so that we can prepare for some aggressive
refactoring and also allow others to contribute in a way where they can be
assured they haven't broken anything. This will definitely help to allow
more people to contribute and hopefully push Torque to critical mass where
it can be a subproject in its own right.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org