commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: Codec Sandbox (was: To fork or not ...)
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:22:06 GMT

[...]
> Ant might have something and maybe Turbine too. Do not take
> this as a comprehensive list. I suspect that the XML
> projects might have a lot more.

>From the top of my head you will find 2 or 3 base64 classes mixed between
sandbox, proposals and Ant code base.

I blatently copied the one from commons-utils for some sandbox code because
of no status in release and no jar available. It has been in sandbox for a
very long time, 90% of the code is in for 5 months now.

commons-utils is very useful and is to me the very first step in 'commons',
so I think a 1.0 release should be scheduled so that it is made available.
What do utils committers think ?

I think there are many things in it that would justify a release. If some
classes are not ready for production, then they should not be in the first
release but should wait until they are ready. But obviouslly some are
perfectly ready for production.

Stephane