commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Waldhoff, Rodney" <rwald...@us.britannica.com>
Subject commons-encoding? commons-mime? (was RE: [HttpClient] Make Base64 public ?)
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 19:33:06 GMT
I think we should put together a proposal for an encoding/decoding library.
commons-codec? -endec? -encoding?

commons-mime suggests something slightly different to me, but I'm not sure
exactly what.  Did you intend it to be "just" a container for
encoding/decoding algorithms?  MIME-based packaging is probably a good idea
at least: *.text.base64,*.text.quotedprintable, etc.

There may be some overlap with the java encoding/content type stuff to
consider here as well.

- Rod