commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Waldhoff, Rodney" <rwald...@us.britannica.com>
Subject RE: [HttpClient] Make Base64 public ?
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:40:40 GMT
> Perhaps it would belong in commons-util?

I'd also rather see it in some stand-alone package/component than simply
made public from the httpclient component.  In fact, I'd rather see a
commons-base64 or a commons-endec package then simply put it into
"catch-all" commons-util.  I've got some other base64 related classes (for
encoding and decoding streams) that could easily go into that package as
well, and might flesh out base64 or endec into a reasonable component.

 - Rod