commons-dev mailing list archives

From Juozas Baliuka <bali...@mwm.lt>
Subject Re: [simplestore] what Exceptions do we need?
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:56:59 GMT

Hi,
1."ServiceNotAvailableException" is useful to handle fatal erros, "Log
message,send SNS for admin .... "

2."NotFoundException" <==> "KeyNotFoundException" is useful to optimize
"get" without   "contais" and for null result, nul is also "good" value.

3."KeyNotUniqueException" <==> "DublicateKeyException" is usefull for
"put", because it returns "void" and  store can be used without "contais".

all of them not useful for memory stores, because they use Map for internal
optimizations and in case "ServiceNotAvailableException" it impossible to
handle, handling will fail :)
But for stores like "JDBCStore", "FileStore", "RemoteStore" exceptions are
very useful.