commons-dev mailing list archives

From Juozas Baliuka <bali...@mwm.lt>
Subject RE: [simplestore] enhancements (was: [simplestore] inital check in)
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2002 11:22:43 GMT

>+1 on changing the interface! The old one seems not to be very useful. Some
>of the methods are not needed!
>+1 For the Exceptions
>
>I hope I will find some time on the weekend to do this stuff. But you can
>grap something if you want!
>
>a) implementing Testing classes
>b) changing the interface

Hi,
I have a lot of time today, but I will do something else first.
There are a lot of work then I have a time. :)
It is very good you agree on interface reduce and for Exceptions.
It is not clear for me, how self registered  will be implemented. I think
it can be interceptors,
I have no more simple ideas for it.
I need it to know, performance tests will depend on this.
Tests are the most difficult  part of this project, because Store interface
implementation
is trivial in the most cases, or it must be trivial . I see this project
is for stable applications and performance.
Next my suggestion will be to remove StoreJanitorImpl or move to some
package like ...cleanup.* . May be it is useful for some stores but it is
very specific. I used "Background Cleanup" for memory management long time
ago, but I cant sent this code for you,
it is because I completely removed it long time ago.