commons-dev mailing list archives

From Juozas Baliuka <bali...@mwm.lt>
Subject RE: [simplestore] enhancements (was: [simplestore] inital check in)
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:37:44 GMT

>Yes kool, but we must speak the same speech here. You know. I'm afraid
>that we have different sights of this component. I don't wanna waste time
>in endless
>basic issue discussions. My picture is clear, with yours I have
>difficulties this days.
I see Store interface is kind of map at this time.
I think this interface is not useful, you can replace it with java.util.Map
or extend Map.
But I believe it will not be a map, there are collections for maps in commons.
I think you need to remove some methods, and add Exceptions.
we need
Object retrieve(Object key)throws SeviceNotAvailableException,
                                      NotFoundExeption; // I null result
for it must not mean NotFound;

void store(Object key,Object value)throws  SeviceNotAvailableException,
DublicateKeyException;

void remove(Object key)throws  SeviceNotAvailableException,NotFoundExeption;

And may be "Store  getNextStore()" it has meaning, The store will be kind
of unary tree,
I have idea to balance this tree using optional tag interfaces, specific
for stores like "LargeForMemoryStore"