commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New committer - Paulo Gaspar
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 21:29:47 GMT
+1

I think the idea is let you commit more code, and spend less time
lobbying (so you can in turn commit more code, or at least more time
working).

Typically, committers are nominated along with a new package, but I
don't see this as a requirement.

I don't see that we could give a developer access to the sandbox, but
the Commons Proper is a subproject like any other, and can elect
whatever committer it likes.

Paulo Gaspar wrote:

> This one got me by surprise. I thought I would have to contribute
> more than the couple of patches I did before.
>
> Anyway, everything is upside down:
>  - I am being nominated committer at the commons without being
>    committer elsewhere...;
>  - ...and my direct chief just gave informal authorization to
>    contribute my common code AFTER I told him (via Instant
>    Messaging) I was being voted.
>
> Now, I am not bribing you: I think the authorization sticks even
> if I end up getting a negative vote.
>
> I also think that the reason he gave me that authorization has
> more to do with a small demo he finally got today. Maybe before
> he was wondering if all these mailing lists weren't just
> consuming my time. (Strange ideas he has!)
> =;o)
>
> Have fun,
> Paulo Gaspar

-- Java Web Development with Struts.