commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <>
Subject Re: AltRMI Tasks if anyone want to take them
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 14:15:29 GMT

>>1) JNDI bindings.  Avalon-Excalibur has a generic provider for RMI.  It
>>should be fairly easy to copy for AltRMI. If keen, I can pass on URLs to
>>the CVS files.
>Just a thought - there's a bunch of JNDI code, utilities and providers all
>over the place in different projects. Maybe its worth trying to get some of
>the utility code together into a new commons project?

Excalibur people's hearts break a little (understandably) when this is
proposed.  Avalon was at one stage supposed to be useful, reusable,
patterns based  foundation code for server apps or servlet environment
apps.  I have never contributed much to Excalbur but can't help feeling
loyal to my Avalon comrades.....

- Paul

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>