commons-dev mailing list archives

From John McNally <jmcna...@collab.net>
Subject jdbc2pool
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 05:59:36 GMT
I just checked a database connection pool into the sandbox.  The pool is
based on code that has been in use for more than 3 years as part of
turbine and torque.  The code was modified considerably to bring it up
to date with the jdbc2 specification, so it needs testing of all sorts
before it can be considered production quality.

I detailed the reasons why DBCP is not jdbc2 compliant in README.txt.
The changes to DBCP are significant as well, so I am unsure of the DBCP
developers intentions.  Hopefully the jdbc2pool code in the sandbox can
be used to spur a quick update of the DBCP code.

Otherwise, I welcome anyone who would like to start adding tests and
documentation.

john mcnally