commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AltRMI - Proposal & request for help
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 19:44:28 GMT
Robert,

> I wonder if there are any people in BCEL-land who'd be willing to
> volunteer to join you as initial committers?

BCEL is very new to Apache and most of the many other BCEL using
projects are still using the previous (non-apache) version.  I think it
will take some months before a community builds up around BCEL at
Apache.  The problem is that it worked perfectly before it came to
Apache and one of the golden rules for people starting projects anywhere
is that your user comunity has to have an itch for certain new features
to have the incentive to become developers.  It should be easy to code
the BCEL stuff  - I keep looking at it but am scared off by the assember
type syntax that Java bytecode has forced on BCEL.

Regards,

- Paul H