commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: [Vote] ARMI to move
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 17:57:43 GMT
My vote: +1 to add it to commons

If you think the API is stable enough to give it to the public, go for
it
We have a place for reusable components and that is commons.
But I understand if you want to go back to your Avalon roots.

These discussions are common on commons ;-)
Do we use this component or that other one; accept this or that
style/component/coding method. Don't listen too much to those
discussions.

The bottom line is as always, is the code good enough ? The answer must
be yes otherwise it wouldn't be accepted into Avalon.

For the support part, maybe you can ask some Avalon committers for their
unofficial support / votes.
New components must get a chance in the real world (outside the sandbox)
and if the code is used in Avalon there will be somebody the support it.

Dirk Verbeeck