commons-dev mailing list archives

From John McNally <jmcna...@collab.net>
Subject Re: torque and my work on its connection pool.
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 01:36:22 GMT

> >   catalina/src/share/org/apache/naming/factory/DbcpDataSourceFactory.java
> >

> I would argue that this class belongs with the connection pool.  A jdbc2
> pool should be ready to deploy within a jndi service provider.

A few more points/questions about this object factory.  It seems it
resets the pool each time the pool is requested from jndi.  My
understanding is the pool should be setup and deployed into jndi.  Then
when a class needs a connection it can request the pool from jndi and
get a connection.  It would seem if this ObjectFactory were used in this
manner.  The pool would always be starting from scratch.

I guess this factory is used in a different way?

john mcnally