commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Commons Validator Packaging/Content
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 00:14:14 GMT
Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> How about at least not allowing new things to continue down a messed up
> road? That is my real problem with things.

Agreed.

What's important to note is that the validator package is not being
*developed* in the Commons, it is being *donated* to the Commons.

If a volunteer wants to extract Intake into a standalone package, I
think that would be a great thing to see. But this package is already a
mature, free-standing component, and has been used in production
applications for some time.

So, we are trying to do the Right Thing, and bring it to the Commons,
rather than bury it in the Struts distribution.

-- Building Java web applications with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/