commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit:jakarta-commons/validator/src/share/org/apache/commons/validator Arg.javaConstant.java DefaultValidatorLog.java Field.java Form.java FormSet.javaGenericValidator.java Msg.java Validator.java ValidatorAction.javaValidatorException.java ValidatorLog.java ValidatorResources.javaValidatorResourcesInitializer.java ValidatorUtil.java Var.java
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2002 20:56:27 GMT
There was a long discussion on General, where we realized that we were
drifting away from the standard conventions. So some of us, like Jon and
I, are volunteering to nag people when we notice anything awry.

The preferred style is to always enclose if-else blocks in braces, to
avoid problems when another statement is added later. I'm forever
forgetting to do this myself. Both Sun and The Elements of Java Style
advocate this.

-Ted.