commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [ARMI] authentification
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 21:31:54 GMT
Gerhard,

>Hi Paul, all,
>just subscribed. Jakarta is going to be a
>obsession for me.
>
>(Maybe some people know me from other lists:
>#1 I'm the only lurker with commit rights
>in the Avalon Project ;)

You're wrong there, most are here as Lurkers and Jeff will be a
committer before long :-)

>#2 Committer in the Cocoon Project)
>
>Any inital vision for that authentification
>ToDo in your PROPOSAL?

Dunno.

I thought about a extension to the lookup() methods:

   Object lookup(ArmiHostContext hostContext, String
publishedServiceName, AuthenticationDetails authenticationDetails)

Where AuthenticationDetails could be a number of things:

  NameAndPasswordAuthenticationDetails
  NameAndSignedTextAuthenticationDetails

Of course several levels of security are envisaged,
  * no security (as at present).
  * no auth over TLS
  * Full auth over TLS.
  * Auth over unsecure