commons-dev mailing list archives

From Arron Bates <ar...@keyboardmonkey.com>
Subject Re: More abuse of coding styles...
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 05:26:05 GMT
Couldn't we all just agree that arguing about coding convention is like
bringing up politics and religion at a dinner party?...

When you work with a team of developers, you'll end up working amongst
many styles and preferences, like it or not. Just as long as the big
ones aren't broken (eg. if blocks without braces, multiple inner classes
which are actually used in other classes, or inner classes at all
depending on your religion).

I think the code is suffering more from some editors using tabs, but
then replaced with spaces, 2 spaces, 4 or eight spaces, back to tabs...
etc.etc... Just open up the iterate tag or something :)

Anyone ever thought of running the code through a code fomatter when the
nightly build is done?... that'd save all issues and arguments (except
those of naming conventions).

There's not enough minutes in our day to be arguing about formatting style.
Bad code is bad code. Good code is good code. Lets just look after that.

Arron.

PS:
+1 for hungarian notation :-D