commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Torque learning curve WAS: RE: Jakarta Persistence Framework?
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2002 16:23:04 GMT
Thanks, Martin.

Personally, I would say its not so much a documentation issue, as a
big-picture example issue. I've read the documention, and it looks like
all the pieces are are there, but I can't see the forest for the trees.

Something I find helpful is to "walk-through" an application. One of the
first things I did on Struts is do a tour of Craig's example.

http://husted.com/about/scaffolding/example-tour.html

We now bundle this with the example itself in the distribution.

If someone could do a standalone Turbine example in a WAR, I'd be happy
to do the same here.

Another early document that I found helpful was a brief but complete
overview, again to help with the big picture.

http://husted.com/about/scaffolding/overview.htm

If you like, I have a small "article posting" application available.
Perhaps we could convert this to Torque?

http://husted.com/struts/resources/artimus.zip

-- Building Java web applications with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/