commons-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Commons/Avalon [was Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release]
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:17:15 GMT
On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:11, Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Nice attempt at rewriting history, but I had been using Avalon before you
> actually joined the project, and I gave up somwhere afterwards. Gump keep
> detailed records about what changes, but the devlopment of Avalon was even
> more unstable before (I followed the changes, and none of them appeared to
> be for any legitimate reason other than cosmetic). So after a while, I
> decided I would rather rewrite a component rather than depend on
> org.apache.avalon

Thats not the question. Previously Avalon was alpha. but when did it became
stable is the question. Was it before or after the creation of commons? He
wants people to believe it was after. Like you say - Gump has the history of
it all and it is easy enough to determine where stability of different things
was achieved.

> (of course, the components from Avalon depend on the
> framework, so if you use one, you have to use the framework).

thats not true - at least not since I have been involved in it. Even prior to
that there was components that weren't coupled but they were in the minority

--
Cheers,

Pete