commons-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:46:38 GMT
On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:40, Scott Sanders wrote:
> I am going to update the JDK14Logger to use FINE for Debug.
>
> I think this is a good idea.
>
> That leaves room if we ever have to add a trace() level (the typical one
> that is past debug) :)

If you want to fix otherbugs you may want to consider making the parameters
Strings not objects. They were made strings so that you could render objects
with Log4j. No other logging toolkit does this. Thus if this is allowed/used
you are directly binding to Log4j anyway - why not use Log4j directly in that
case? A facade is meant to behave roughly the same across toolkits and it is
easy enough to make it do so ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete