commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <>
Subject RE: Jasper's java compiler.
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 19:02:54 GMT

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Scott Sanders wrote:

> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:38:07 -0800
> From: Scott Sanders <>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <>
> Subject: RE: Jasper's java compiler.
> Yes.  A compiler interface would be a very good thing.  Perhaps Ant has
> some usable code as well.

Besides being a useful reusable component, a community around this would
be a good forum to discuss requirements for a possible standardized
compiler interface.  The existing "classic" APIs that everyone uses
(including Tomcat and Ant) are deprecated in JDK 1.4, but the new one is
not at all friendly to use inside a multi-threaded environment (it does
things like writing only to System.out for error messages, so it looks
like we'd have to serialize compiles of JSP pages).

> Scott

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message