commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/logging/src/java/org/apache/commo ns/logging
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:36:31 GMT

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Anthony Martin wrote:

> Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:04:40 -0800
> From: Anthony Martin <>
> To: "''" <>
> Subject: RE: cvs commit:
>     jakarta-commons/logging/src/java/org/apache/commo ns/logging
> I'm keeping up with the CVS as much as I can to watch development.  It's
> very interesting to see how the commons evolves.
> I stubbed out a couple files of the java.util.logging package as implemented
> in Jdk14Logger.  Not everyone wants or needs to move to JDK 1.4 beta.  This
> would allow the project to compile without it.  Would it be useful to
> include in say jakarta-commons/logging/src/jdk14-stubs by any chance?

You should not have had to change anything -- the build.xml script already
excluded the Jdk14Logger class if you were not compiling on a 1.4 system.
I compile this way all the time with no problems.

What kinds of errors were you getting?  Were you using Ant 1.4.1?

> If so, it can be found here:
> (click on JDK 1.4 Stubs)

Trying to load these stubs in restricted environments (such as in a webapp
in Tomcat) is going to fail anyway, because the class loader will refuse
to load java.* classes from there.

> Anthony

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>