commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject [BeanUtils] Added Initial DynaBeans Support
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 20:02:51 GMT
As you probably saw from the commit messages, I just added some
transparent support for DynaBeans into PropertyUtils (and therefore
inherited by BeanUtils).  This means that you can pass either a standard
JavaBean, or a DynaBean, to things like PropertyUtils.getProperty() and it
will do what you expect.

Although I've added some simple unit test cases (based on the existing
ones for standard JavaBeans), it would be really useful if some more folks
tried out DynaBeans in the real world, and provided some feedback before
we lock down the APIs for them.

My next step on DynaBeans is to add wrapping in the other direction -- a
DynaBean implementation that can be wrapped around a static JavaBean so
that applications wanting to exclusively use DynaBeans APIs can talk to
any kind of bean as well.

Craig McClanahan