commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: [proposal] some store components for the commons-sandbox
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 22:51:43 GMT
On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 06:46:35PM +0100, Gerhard Froehlich wrote:
> Hi,
> Currently I'm working on the Cocoon store and caching. I
> implemented some store components, that are maybe useful
> to migrate as Jakarta commons-sandbox components.
> They mainly exist of a:
> 1. Store -> The overall interface
> 2. MRUMemoryStore -> A simple MRU Memory Store class
> 3. JispFilesystemStore -> A jisp
> (http://www.coyotegulch.com/jisp/index.html) based
> Filesystem store!
> 4. Some helper classes (Key's, etc...)
>
> We use this components in the Cocoon project as a fast
> (memory) and slow (filesystem) storage implementation.
> In the moment they are Avalon based components but I
> think they could easy changed into something more
> "common" ;-).
>
> Ok, do you think this Components are a try worth to book
> into the sandbox area or just a waste of time.

That would be very cool. I didn't know Cocoon's cache/store was
'detachable' from the rest of Cocoon, but I'm glad it is (having once
had to manually rip out Cocoon 1's cache for a project;).

Btw, there is already a cache in the sandbox, which IIRC from a
conversation looong ago, is already pretty mature and tested. If anyone
knows both codebases, it would be nice to have a comparison, for the
benefit of users trying to choose.

--Jeff