commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Winterfeldt <dwinterfe...@yahoo.com>
Subject Commons Validator Packaging/Content
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2002 21:14:23 GMT
I've started committing the Validator to commons.  The
core package doesn't have any dependencies except for
some other commmons packages (beanutils, collections,
digester).  There is currently a Struts
interface/connector for the Validator.  I can see the
benefit of having a good working example of the
Validator in a real framework, but I'm not sure if it
belongs in commons.  To compile the Struts interface,
Struts and the Servlet API would need to be in the
classpath.  I don't think any of the other commons
packages have any dependencies outside of commons.  So
the main question is whether the Struts related part
belongs here as an example or it should be in Struts.
What do others think?

David