commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <martin.coo...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/docs charter.html
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 08:31:24 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geirm@optonline.net>

> On 1/13/02 7:35 PM, "Martin Cooper" <martin.cooper@tumbleweed.com> wrote:
>
> > No, we didn't, but I don't believe super-majority was needed. Ted
suggested
> > that this change should be treated as a Product Change,
>
> LOL

Yes, it does seem a little odd. However, the Jakarta decision-making process
does not have a better candidate. From the "Decision Making" page:

-----
Action Items

All decisions revolve around "Action Items". Action Items consist of the
following:

    - Long Term Plans
    - Short Term Plans
    - Release Plan
    - Release Testing
    - Showstoppers
    - Product Changes
-----

Reading the definitions on that page
(http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html), it's clear that this type
of change does not fall into any of the other categories. So Product Change
does seem to be the closest match.

I can see it now ... a proposed change for voting on changes to the
guidelines... My hair is thin enough already... ;-)

> > which requires lazy
> > concensus. We have that. We also have majority approval.
>
> I guess majority is better than nothing...

Gee, I hope so!

--
Martin Cooper